If you are a senior, junior, or sophomore with a 3.0 or above and at least one full year in yearbook, literary magazine, or newspaper:
Congratulations, you have been chosen to join the Quill and Scroll National Journalism Honor Society. Quill and Scroll was organized April 10, 1926, by a group of high school advisers for the purpose of encouraging and recognizing individual student achievement in journalism and scholastic publication. Since its founding, charters have been granted to more than 14,104 high schools in all 50 states and 44 foreign countries. Garnet Valley High School has held its charter since 1997.
To be eligible for membership at the national level:
- You must be of sophomore, junior or senior classification.
- You must have the equivalent of a B grade average, or be in the upper third of their class in general scholastic standing, either for the year of their election or for the cumulative total of all high school work.
- You must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work. You may be staffers of a magazine, newspaper, yearbook, news organization, online site or radio/television station at the school, or one conducted by an external organization.
- You must be recommended by the supervisor or by the committee governing the media.
- You must be approved by the Quill and Scroll Executive Director.
Your advisors have chosen you as an inductee. Congratulations on this achievement. To join this International Honor Society, you must turn in a one- time fee of $25. You can send the check to:
Mrs. Arters c/o Garnet Valley High School
552 Smithbridge Rd
Glen Mills, PA 19342
This fee includes a graduation cord, certificate, and annual magazine Quill and Scroll. We must receive your reply and check in the next week to move forward.
If you sent this earller in the fall or you are interested now, please email and let me know. For both groups, I need your legal name, your grade, a copy of your transcript, your home email address, your mailing address, and your list of articles you have submitted this year. You must have turned in at least five articles this year. If you have not, please catch up on that.
The induction will be outside (or virtual if the weather won’t cooperate) later this spring.