By Sufi Sayed
Midterms are coming up soon and lots of students are having much anxiety and stress about the tests approaching. However, I feel as if people shouldn’t stress if they are well prepared and have a solid grasp on the content. If you’re dealing with hardcore testing anxiety, here are some method which I find helpful in relieving stress!
- Make study goals!
- Make sure you spend enough time reviewing the material in order to be confident in your knowledge (not your speed)
- Engage in positive self-talk that reassures any doubts you may have
During the test:
- Take Deep Breaths to Relax your muscles if you begin to tense up
- Get a drink of water to clear your mind
- Chew on something like gum to distract your nerves
- Use the positive self-talking method again
- Don’t be hesitant to ask the teacher/instructor any questions you have, it will only be beneficial to you.
Lastly, GOOD LUCK and I wish you success on your tests!
Edited by Megan McGarrey